5 Things to Remember before You Start Running
by Alesha Wilson
Running is probably the oldest exercise. Even before people coined the term exercise, people already ran to get faster to where they want to be.
You are probably running to save your body from the fatty foods you consume. You probably want to lose weight. If that is the case, here are some things you should not forget before running:
1. Water. You will lose body fluids in the form of sweat when running. You should avoid dehydration, which is why it is important to keep with you a bottle of water. Water is the recommended beverage since others such as sodas are unhealthy and will only make you thirstier.
2. Some music. This is optional, but if you want to be motivated while running, music is the best thing. You can plug some ear buds to your phone or music player and listen to your favorite tracks while you circle the field. Because you are not bored with running, you will be able to do more exercise without feeling tired.
3. A running partner. You could ask your friend to run with you so that you will look forward to running. You can also set a competition with your companion—whoever runs farther will be treated to vegetarian pizza, maybe? Sounds tempting, doesn’t it?
4. Diet suppressant. After you exercise, you will feel tired and hungry. You have to be careful in managing your hunger because if you give way to it easily after exercise, you may just put on all the calories you have burned.
5. Strength booster. Water is not enough to give you the energy you need. You also need something that can give you strength, and one example of this is chia seeds. Chia seeds help make you feel full, plus it can also give you continued energy. Isn’t that just awesome?
Make sure that you have some form of exercise daily. Even if it’s running or lifting some weights, staying active leads to a healthy body, so make sure you do this regularly.
Aleshsa Wilson is a staff writer at RockwelNutrition.com. You can get the latest Rockwell Nutrition coupon here